Northway Irrigation Inc., the premier provider for Irrigation located in Ham Lake, MN is rapidly expanding. We are looking for quality and experienced people to join our team!
Experienced Irrigation Foreman
NATURE OF WORK:
Under limited supervision, performs irrigation at specific job sites. Demonstrates ability to work safely by using proper tools for specific task and all irrigation fieldwork is preformed based on prescribed Northway standards of landscape irrigation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Consistently shows up for work on time at the assigned location. If unable to work, notifies the Supervisor immediately.
• Shows up for work fully dressed in appropriate uniform.
• Assists with unloading the vehicle and helps loads it for next day of work; maintains vehicle clean and organized.
• May direct/lead the work of 3-5 laborers.
• Reads and understands irrigation plans.
• Repairs all types of pipe, installs and repairs various sprinkler systems and irrigation valves, and performs main line repairs up to and including 4" pipes.
• Positions sprinklers appropriately and correctly in relation to grade, curbs, walls, and windows.
• Disassembles, trouble shoots, and repairs solenoid operated irrigation control valves. Demonstrates the ability to install a new replacement valve. Demonstrate proper flow control adjustment.
• Turns controllers on and off and manually operates a single station from the controller.
• Checks irrigation programs on the controller and can operate valve electronically by remote and programs irrigation controllers.
• Performs work and uses tools and equipment in a proper and safe manner (drills, jackhammers, trenchers, tampers)
• Accurately clocks their crew (including yourself) in and out of Field Devices and records detailed information and parts on each jobsite.
Reports any injury or illness immediately to the Supervisor or Office Manager.
• Inspects equipment before use to ensure proper and safe operation and reports problems to the Supervisor immediately.
• Reports unsafe work conditions, or practices to the Supervisor immediately.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Duties are performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. of weight frequently throughout the day.
• Ability to repeatedly bend, stoop, lift, push and pull materials and equipment to complete job tasks.
• Ability to work in various positions including, but not limited to, standing, walking, stooping, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extending periods.
JOB SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of landscape and maintenance techniques methods and tools.
• Pipe - Recognizing and understanding the applications and differences between class and schedule rated PVC pipe.
• Sprinkler and nozzle selection - Demonstrate the ability to select the proper sprinkler nozzle for a given area that is compatible with the equipment in use.
• Irrigation valves - Demonstrate the ability to disassemble, trouble shoot, and repair solenoid operated irrigation control valves. Demonstrate the ability to install a new replacement valve. Demonstrate proper flow control adjustment.
• Controllers - Demonstrate the ability to turn controllers on and off. How to manually operate a single station from the controller. Use a remote control unit.
• Power tools and equipment - Demonstrate the ability to safely and properly use drills, jackhammers, trenchers, and tampers.
• Understands the basics of distribution uniformity.
• Understand the basics of pipe sizing, G.P.M. flow rates, and velocity
• Understand hydrozone issues sun/shade, plant, slope, soil structure.
• Understand and recognize types of soil and field capacity.
• Ability to follow verbal instructions from foremen, supervisor and management.
• Ability to work with and assist crew members.
• Ability to deal courteously with the public.
2-4 years experience in irrigation; or any equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, abilities, and skills cited above. Valid MN Driver License with a clean DMV record is required. Ability to communicate in English or must enroll in an ESL course.
SKILLS NEEDED FOR ADVANCEMENT:
• Proficiency of all Irrigation skills, knowledge, and equipment use.
• Ability to communicate using basic English.
• Intermediate understanding of sprinkler positioning and adjustments.
• Recognition and understanding of the basic signs of plant stress.
• Maintain valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record
Experienced Service Tech
We are seeking an experienced Irrigation Service Technician to service and maintain residential and commercial irrigation systems. This is a full-time seasonal position.
Irrigation Service Technicians must have current knowledge of and the ability to perform the following job functions:
Startup of residential and commercial irrigation systems in the spring.
Troubleshooting and diagnose irrigation problems
Make repairs to all makes of residential and commercial irrigation systems.
Program irrigation clocks to ensure proper watering of landscapes being maintained
Perform mid-season audits and make adjustments as necessary
Complete and submit accurate logs and paperwork for jobs performed
Winterization of irrigation systems in the fall
Ability to communicate well with customers to build and maintain long-term relationships
1-3 years experience
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds consistently
Must have a valid driver’s license
DOT Medical card or ability to obtain one
Must consent to a criminal and motor vehicle background check
We are Looking for quality minded, hard working individuals who are reliable and don't miss work for our installation crews. We need laborers but we also looking for people who want to learn a "trade". Experience would be great but we will train if you do not have experience.
General labor works with shovels, Pipe work, installing valves and irrigation heads.